10 skills (new for future business models) key competencies for knowledge workers by 2020
Modern ITSM is the domain of knowledge workers and each business unit in a services business have knowledge that is relevant to every other business unit. Therefore effective knowledge management is vital to success.
Solutions are needed to
- capture, store and re-use essential information
- avoid reinventing the wheels
sharing is good to absorb best practices and prevent repetition of mistakes
ultimately enhancing the product of the organisaton = the IT service!
- this means organisations retain expertise and skills in face of people movement
- shorten the learning cycle.
- enhance productivity of knowledge workers
History of knowledge management is very short
- 80s ICT appeared to capture and share knowledge
- 90s Knowledge organisation appeared
- Now cloud an big data
Book: the fifth discipline